Flannel and fall are like two peas in a pod. They go together better than apple cider and cinnamon, or pumpkin and spice. To style your favorite flannel this season, try a few of these ideas:
- Add a Vest - Vests are another fashion favorite of fall that doesn’t get enough time in the limelight. Puffer vests with a quilted pattern look great with flannel, as do shearling vests in neutral colors. Stick to solid vests to avoid creating a look that’s too busy.
- Tuck it into Skinny Jeans - If you want to instantly class up flannel, try tucking it in. This works best with thin flannel, since it’s a lot less bulky and will be easier to work with. For the perfect fall look, tuck your flannel into a pair of skinny jeans, then add some riding boots.
- Layer it with a Sweater - Sweaters and collared shirts are a winning combination, especially during fall. To make a neutral-colored sweater a bit more interesting, pick a fun flannel pattern to wear underneath it. Let the collar peek out and fold the ends of the flannel sleeves over the sleeves of the sweater, and you’re done!
- Wear it Over a T-shirt - Flannel shirts work great as stand-in cardigans, which means you can throw them on over almost anything! Is the weather being finicky, with the sun shining one minute and clouds moving in the next? Keep your flannel with you and put it on to keep out the chill. Tank tops, t-shirts, and even thin sweaters look great under flannel.
- Leave it Be - Why fix something that isn’t broken? Flannel is stylish all on its own, so you always have the option to keep it simple. Flannel, a nice pair of jeans, and knee-high or ankle boots makes the ideal cozy-casual fall look.
With so many options, you could integrate your favorite flannel into your outfits every day of the week and always have a different look!