Saturday, May 16, 2015
Where Love Takes You
Join the Valley's friendliest gardeners! Bring 3 or more plants to The Patio Food Court at The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley on Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 10:00 am to share. And, take home something new from another local gardener. While plants are sorted and organized, enjoy free garden-themed programs and get advice from Penn State Master Gardeners from 10:00 am to 10:45 am. It's FREE & FUN for gardeners at any skill level.
How The Plant Exchange Works
- 10:00 am: Participants drop-off plants and check-in at the registration table near The Patio Food Court.
- 10:00 am to 10:45 am: Participants can enjoy FREE programs while plants are sorted.
- 11:00 am: Plant Exchange Area Opens. Groups will be invited into the Exchange Area at random as directed by Event Organizers. It's three-plants-at-a-time, then back-in-line until all plants are gone.
- 11:20 am: Event Prize Drawing (must be present to win)
How to Prepare
- What To Bring: Annuals, Perennials, Vegetable Plants, Houseplants, Shrubs, Trees, Bulbs, and/or Gardening Books. Plants can be seedlings, divisions, rooted cuttings or transplants. Plants must be healthy & weed free. Avoid invasive plants.
- How Many To Bring: Minimum of 3 plants per person of any variety. Generous gardeners may, of course, bring more.
- How To Help: Please label the plants that your bring, by providing at least the common name. You may also provide the botanical name and growing tips, if known.
ADVANCE REGISTRATION FOR THE COMMUNITY PLANT EXCHANGE IS REQUIRED.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS WEDNESDAY, MAY 13, 2015.
Interested in volunteering or becoming a vendor at the event? Please contact the Management Office at 610-791-9707 for details.
Friday Nights in June & July
Where Music Makes Magic
Check out FREE, LIVE, & LOCAL musical performances in Town Square at The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley EVERY Friday from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm in June & July.
PLEASE NOTE: The Pop-Jet Fountain will be turned off at 4:00 pm on Fridays in June & July in preparation of the performances.
Interested in booking your band or becoming a vendor at the event? Please contact the Management Office at 610-791-9707 for details.